Results of the quiz.
1. Find the area of ΔABC. The figure is not drawn to scale.
* CORRECT: 23.14 cm2
2. Find the area of a parallelogram with vertices at P(–8, –3), Q (–7, 3), R(–9, 3), and S(–10, –3). * CORRECT: 12 square units
3. A slide that is inches by inches is projected onto a screen that is 3 feet by 7 feet, filling the screen. What will be the ratio of the area of the slide to its image on the screen? * CORRECT: 1 : 12,544
4. Find the area of the triangle with ∠A = 86, b = 4 ft, and c = 3 ft. Round your answer to two decimal places. * CORRECT: 5.99 ft2
5. Find the area of kite ABCD if BD = 48 cm, AB = 25 cm, and BC = 26. The kite is not drawn to scale.
* CORRECT: 408 cm2
6. The diagram shows a field. Find the cost of fertilizing the field at $0.50 per square yard.
* CORRECT: $3360.95
7. Find the area of a regular octagon with perimeter 48 cm.
* CORRECT: 173.8 cm2
8. Find the area of the circle. Use π = 3.14.
* CORRECT: 7.07 m2
9. Find the area of a regular hexagon with an apothem 17.3 miles long and a side 20 miles long. * CORRECT: 1038 mi2
10. A circle with a diameter of 2 inches and a square with 2-inch sides have the same center. Find the area of the region that is inside the square and outside the circle. Use 3.14 for π.
* CORRECT: 0.9 in.2
11. Find the area of the rhombus.
* CORRECT: 189 ft2
12. A regular nonagon has a radius of 18.8 cm. What is the length of the apothem? Round your answer to the nearest tenth. * CORRECT: 17.7 cm
13. Find the area.
* CORRECT: 102.9 yd2
14. Find the area of a triangle with vertices at D(2, 0), E(–1, 0), and F(2, –7).
* CORRECT: 10.5 square units
15. Two trapezoids have areas 54 cm2 and 24 cm2. Find their ratio of similarity. * CORRECT: 3 : 2
16. Find the area of the regular polygon. Round your answer to the nearest tenth.
* CORRECT: 110.2 in.2
17. A circle with a diameter of 11 inches and a...