To understand the terminology you should know some key words:
Cardio = heart,
vascular = related to blood vessels,
pulmonary = related to the lungs. It’s the action To lengthen in duration.
* Circulatory system which comprises the heart and blood vessels. The system carries nutrients and Oxygen to the tissues of the body and removes carbon and dioxide and other wastes from them.
How does the Cardio vascular system works?
* Your heart and circulatory system make up your cardiovascular system. * Your heart works as a pump that pushes blood to the organs, tissues, and cells of your body. * Blood delivers oxygen and nutrients to every cell and removes the carbon dioxide and waste products made by those cells. Blood is carried from your heart to the rest of your body in two ways:
1. Systemic Circuit: Arteries carry oxygen-rich blood away from your heart, and veins carry oxygen-poor blood back to your heart. 2. In pulmonary circuit, though, the roles are switched
The cardiovascular system serves five important functions during exercise: 1) Delivers oxygen to working muscles
2) Oxygenates blood by returning it to the lungs
3) Transports heat (a by-product of activity) from the core to the skin 4) Delivers nutrients and fuel to active tissues
5) Transports hormones.
Cardiovascular Endurance: Is the ability of the heart, blood vessels, and lungs to supply oxygen to working muscles during physical activity for a period of time (usually 90 seconds). It is basically how strong your heart is.
How To Improve Cardiovascular Endurance
Improving cardiovascular endurance is typically just a matter of practice. Like training your muscles, continuously challenging your cardiovascular system with increased levels of aerobic activity will generally result in gains in cardiovascular endurance and fitness. This can be duration running,...