A BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING COMPANY
(NIGERIA NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION). NNPC
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 MAIN PRODUCT AND SERVICE
1.2 THE MAIN CUSTOMER OF NNPC
1.3 ODER QUALIFER OF NNPC
1.4 ORDER WINNER OF NNPC
1.0 OPERATIONAL PROCESS
2.4 INPUT RESOURCES
2.5 TRANSFORMING ACTIVITIES
2.6 OUTPUT PRODUCT AND SERVICES
2.0 LITERATURE REVIEW
3.7 BENEFITS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
3.8 DEVELOPMEMT OF TQM IN AN ORGANISATION IN COMING FIVE (5) YEARS. 3.0 CONCEPTS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM).
4.9 THREE CONCEPTS OF A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS ORGANISATION. 4.10 CHALLENGES
2.1 MAIN PRODUCT AND SERVICE. The Corporation was given powers and operational interests in refining and exploration activities, petrochemicals and products transportation as well as marketing. Between 1978 and 1989, NNPC constructed refineries in Warri, Kaduna and Port Harcourt and took over the 35,000-barrel Shell Refinery established in Port Harcourt in 1965. 2.2 THE MAIN CUSTOMER OF NNPC. * Local Refineries
* International Refineries
* Internationally recognized Oil & Gas traders
* Total Petrol Station.
* Conoil Petrol Station
* Lister Petrol Station
* Texaco Petrol Station
* Agip petrol Station
* And any other Petrol Station who are subsidiary to them.
2.3 ORDER QUALIFIER OF NNPC
* A bonafide end user who owns a refinery and sales outlet. * An established and globally recognised large volume trader proof of its global network, its operations and volumes of crude oil handled in the last three years.
1.4 ORDER WINNER OF NNPC
* The decision to sponsor the national quiz Competition.
* Given out Scholarship to three winners who emerges from the 3 Geo-Political Zones in the Country.
2.0 OPERATIONAL PROCESS
2.1 INPUT RESOURSES.
Input Resources are categorise into four (4) which includes; Exploration, Oil Production, Gas Production and Joint Venture Activities. * Exploration; From the beginning of Oil exploration in Nigeria in 1937, Virtually all exploration and production activities were restricted to Land and Swamps, where Prospecting Venture should be in areas not Greater than 200m water depth. * Oil Production; NNPC are in joint partnership with the major oil companies and with many other developing countries. The partnership company in Nigeria had been operating under what is called ‘Concession System’ with NNPC being the Concessionaire which the companies are the Operator. NNPC is also the responsible for the management of the exploration bidding rounds for Oil and Gas. * Gas Production: NNPC vision is to make the leading liquefied and Natural Gas (LNG) producing nation in the world and to promote sufficiency in the domestic power supply. They intend to achieve this goal by monitoring; - The Commercialization of Nigerians abundant gas reserves. - Reducing gas flaring.
- Promoting viable LNG projects, power plants and associated gas projects. * Joint Venture Activities: NNPC operations are in joint partnership with the major oil companies and they are also responsible for the management of the exploration bidding rounds the Oil and gas. 2.2 TRANSFORMING ACTIVITIES
Transforming activities in NNPC includes; Refineries and petrol-chemicals, Gas Master Plans, Engineering and Master Plans. * Refineries and Petrol-chemicals; NNPC has four (4) refineries, two in port-Harcourt (PHRC),one in Kaduna (KRPC) and the other one in Warri (WRPC). The...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document