Bottled Water and Tap Water- the Rational Choices One Can Make

Topics: Drinking water, United States, Bottled water Pages: 3 (981 words) Published: March 8, 2013
Thai Nguyen
Professor Rai
Synthesis Essay
Sat, Feb 11th 2013
Bottled Water vs. Tap water
The rational choices one can make

The use of bottle water is a debatable topic. Some people claim that using bottled water is severely damages the environment due to recycling issues. Others, however, believe that bacteria in tap water are not good for your health. Although both sides of the issues have merit, bottled water seems to have some disadvantages due to its negative impacts on the environment, and it's expensive to produce, distribute and recycle. Nowadays, people are aware more and more about the environment. Issues with bottled water have concerned environmentalists worldwide due to its inability to degrade in normal conditions. According to the New York Times, only 23% of bottles are recycled. Leaving 77% of bottle water fill up the landfill and slowly destroying planet Earth because plastic is not biodegradable. Every year, the amount of oil needed to produce bottled water can be use to power approximately one hundred thousand cars for that whole year. Not to mention the amount of air pollutions will be put in our atmosphere due to producing and distributing and refrigerating those bottles water. According to Ocean Crusaders website, Moreover, if the non-recycled bottle water made their way to the ocean, many martial species will be affected, trapped in the holder, trapped in the bottle; or just imaged the coral be destroyed because of those bottles that float on the surface and block the sunlight from reaching down to the coral. Imaging our children and children' children grown up within an artificial environment and never ever have the chance to admire the magnificent of Mother Nature because we don't care enough to protect now.  Additionally, refrigerating those bottled water would contributed extra CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons) to destroy our ozone layer and help even create the greenhouse effect that heating up our planet. Secondly, not only...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Tap water Vs bottled water Essay
  • Bottled Water vs, Tap Essay
  • Bottled Water vs. Tap Essay
  • Tap Water Should Be the Water of Choice Essay
  • Essay about Bottled Water vs Tap Water
  • Bottled Water Essay
  • Bottled Water Essay
  • Bottled Water Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free