WHAT IS BLUE BRAIN?
* BLUE BRAIN—The world’s first virtual brain
* It’s being developed by IBM
* Within 30 years we will be able to scan ourselves into computers The Blue Brain Project is an attempt to create a synthetic brain by reverse-engineering the mammalian brain down to the molecular level. The aim of the project, founded in May 2005 by the Brain and Mind Institute of the École Polytechnique in Lausanne, Switzerland, is to study the brain's architectural and functional principles. The project is headed by the Institute's director, Henry Markram. Using a Blue Genesupercomputer running Michael Hines's NEURON software, the simulation does not consist simply of an artificial neural network, but involves a biologically realistic model of neurons. It is hoped that it will eventually shed light on the nature of consciousness. There are a number of sub-projects, including the Cajal Blue Brain, coordinated by the Supercomputing and Visualization Center of Madrid(CeSViMa), and others run by universities and independent laboratories in the UK, US, and Israel. WHY DO WE NEED VIRTUAL BRAIN??
* To upload the contents of human brain
* To keep a person’s intelligence/skill alive
* To remember the things without any effort
WHAT THE BLUE BRAIN PROJECT IS NOT
* The Blue Brain Project is an attempt to reverse engineer the brain, to explore how it functions and to serve as a tool for neuroscientists and medical researchers. It is not an attempt to create a brain. It is not an artificial intelligence project. Although we may one day achieve insights into the basic nature of intelligence and consciousness using this tool, the Blue Brain Project is focused on creating a physiological simulation for biomedical applications.
UPLOADING HUMAN BRAIN
* The uploading is possible by the use of small robots known as the nanobots. * These robots are small enough to travel through out our circulatory system. * Nanobots...