For this essay, you are required to analyze two assigned readings and document your essay with references to primary text(s) and between two and four secondary sources. Ensure that you directly answer the essay question and make significant reference to at least two of the course readings to support your perspective on the question. In your essay you must also make documented use (whether in the form of quotation, paraphrase or summary) of between two and four secondary sources. You must also include your primary and secondary sources in a list of references on a separate sheet. Both the list and your in-text documentation must conform to APA style guidelines. Length: 2-3 pages, double-spaced
Due: Week 11
Essay Questions: (choose one)
1. What is racism and is it a significant problem in contemporary North American society?
* Use & refer to any two of the week 9 readings which focus on the theme of racism – be sure to use significant evidence and examples from these pieces to support your stance
* Use a definition introduction style to address what your definition of racism is (you can create your own or perhaps use the definition that another author gives, particularly Bissoondath) which is the first part of the essay question
* Be sure to address and answer the second part of the question by incorporating relevant and specific examples from at least two pieces (Hill’s and Staple’s pieces have good examples to draw from) as well as from research from your secondary sources (i.e. an article that looks at systematic racism in North America, statistics of ethnic minorities over-represented in the North American prison system, etc...)
2. Is euthanasia ethical and should it be legalized in Canada?
* Use & refer to any two of the week 8 readings - be sure to use significant evidence and examples from these pieces to support your stance
* Use a definition type introduction style...