Chapter 1 Cornell notes
1. What was not an important goal of the early English explorers and colonists? It was not an important goal to build a new nation.
2. Discuss the factors that transformed the colonist and caused them to envision and creating an independent nation: common bonds, language, farmers, untouched by tyranny of royal authority, official religion and social hierarchy, individual freedom, and willingness to subjugate to others.
3. What factors divided the colonists? Factors that divided the colonists and included economic interests, ethnic rivalries and religious practices 4. What was the most important cause of the American Revolution? An increase in British debt lead to new taxes and trade restrictions which led to conflict. 5. How old is planet Earth? 4 billion years old.
6. What is Pangaea? Pangaea is that the earth continents that formed together as one large landmass.
7. What club pangea to break apart? The continents began to separate due to continental drift.
8. What evidence has partially proving the existence of Pangaea? The same species or extremely similar species of fish were found in lakes in different continents which proves that at one point in time these lakes and streams were connected. 9. One with the Appalachians formed? Appellations performed 350 million years ago. 10. One where the Rockies is formed? The Rockies were formed between 135 and 25 million years ago.
11. List the landform regions that comprise North America: mountains, hills, plateaus and valleys
12. List the geological event that began 35,000 years ago and transformed the landscape of North America: Ice Age
13. How did the ice age transform the landscape of North America? The topsoil of the Canadian Shield was removed due to a moving glacier, a glacier created a lake called Lake Bonneville which dried up to and left the land full of minerals, lastly, the Great Lakes were formed. ...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document