NEET-UG – 2013 TEST PAPER WITH ANSWER (HELD ON SUNDAY 05th MAY, 2013) 1. The eye of octopus and eye of cat show different patterns of structure, yet they perform similar function. This is an example of : (1) Analogous organs that have evolved due to divergent evolution (2) Homologous organs that have evolved due to convergent evolution (3) Homologous organs that have evolved due to divergent evolution (4) Analogous organs that have evolved due to convergent evolution (4) Select the correct statement with respect to locomotion in humans: (1) The joint between adjacent vertebrae is a fibrous joint (2) A decreased level of progesterone causes osteoporosis in old people (3) Accumulation of uric acid crystals in joints causes their inflammation (4) The vertebral column has 10 thoracic vertebrae (3) A phosphoglyceride is always made up of : (1) a saturated or unsaturated fatty acid esterified to a phosphate group which is also attached to a glycerol molecule (2) only a saturated fatty acid esterified to a glycerol molecule to which a phosphate group is also attached (3) only a unsaturated fatty acid esterified to a glycerol molecule to which a phosphate group is also attached (4) a saturated or unsaturated fatty acid esterified to a glycerol molecule to which a phosphate group is also attached (4) Perisperm differs from endosperm in: (1) its formation by fusion of secondary nucleus with several sperms (2) being a haploid tissue (3) having no reserve food (4) being a diploid tissue (4) 5. A sedentary sea anemone gets attached to the shell lining of hermit crab. The association is : (1) Amensalism (2) Ectoparasitism (3) Symboisis (4) Commensalism Ans. (4) 6. The cell-mediated immunity inside the human body is carried out by : (1) Erythrocytes (2) T-lymphocytes (3) B-lymphocytes (4) Thrombocytes
Ans. 4. Ans.
Ans. (2) 7. (3) Eubacteria Ans. (2) 8. (1) flying fish (2) cuttlefish (3) silverfish (4) pufferfish Ans. (3) 9. (1) Ovule (2) Embryo sac (3) Fruit (4) Nucellus Ans. (1) 10. (1) CoP - 4 (3) CoP - 5 Ans. (2)
Which of the following are likely to be present in deep sea water ? (1) Saprophytic fungi (2) Archaebacteria (4) Blue-green algae One of the representatives of Phylum Arthropoda is :
Megasporangium is equivalent to :
Kyoto Protocol was endorsed at : (2) CoP - 3 (4) CoP - 6
11. Figure shows human urinary system with structures labelled A to D. Select option which correctly identifies them and gives their characteristics and/ or functions. A What external changes are visible after the last moult of a cockroach nymph? (1) Labium develops (2) Mandibles become harder (3) Anal cerci develop (4) Both fore wings with hind wings develop Ans. (4) 15. Isogamous condition with non-flagallated gametes is found in : (2) Chlamydomonas (1) Fucus (3) Spirogyra (4) Volvox Ans. (3) 16. Transition state structure of the substrate formed during an enzymatic reaction is : (1) permanent and stable (2) transient but stable (3) permanent but unstable (4) transient and unstable Ans. (4) 17. Select the answer which correctly matches the endocrine gland with the hormone it secretes and its function/deficiency symptom : 14. Endocrine gland Hormone Function/deficiency symptoms Stimulates spermatogenesis Stimulates uterus contraction during child birth Oversecretion stimulates abnormal growth Lack of iodine in diet results in goitre
B C D Kidney
(1) D-Cortex - outer part of kidney and do not contain any part of nephrons
(2) A-Adrenal gland - located at the anterior part of kidney. Secrete Catecholamines which stimulate glycogen breakdown
(3) B-Pelvis - broad funnel shaped space inner to hilum, directly connected to loops of Henle complete nephrons Ans. (2) 12.
(4) C-Medulla-inner zone of kidney and contains
In china rose the flowers are :
(1) Zygomorphic, epigynous with twisted aestivation
aestivation aestivation Ans. (2)...