Assignment 1: Access and Interpret Product Information
Question 1- Scenario
Mr and Mrs Smythe and their close friend Ms White, wish to book on the Australian Pacific Tour of Perth and Monkey Mia, 6-Day Air/Coach/Air tour departing 31 July.
* The Smythes would like a twin room and Ms White requires a single room.
* Mr and Mrs Smythe will be travelling from the Gold Coast and Mrs White from Hobart.
* Mr Smythe holds a Seniors Card.
1a) Plot on the map of Australia all the overnight stops of the 6-Day itinerary.
1b) Calculate the total cost of this tour for your clients. Your tour quotation should identify the per person cost as well as the total cost of the booking.
| From Gold Coast, Twin RoomLess Pensioner discountSub Total $4,388
| $2209 pp$2209 pp -$30
| From Adelaide, Single RoomSingle SupplementSub Total $2,306
| $2,003+ $303
1c) Identify and explain why these clients might have selected this tour. Justify your answer with specific references to the itinerary.
* Transport to and within a destination: flights from Gold Coast and Adelaide to Perth, welcomed on arrival and transferred to the hotel.
* Group tour package: convenient for Mr and Mrs Smythe to holiday with their friend Mrs White even though they are travelling from different states.
* Accommodation: The package includes superior and centrally located hotels in key locations such as Novotel Langsley Perth, Palm Resort Kalbarri and Dolphin Resort Monkey Mia which overlooks the beach.
* City and regional sightseeing tour: The tour has a combination of city stay as well as sightseeing opportunities such as travelling to Norcia visit the monastery and church, tour of the museum, tour Kalbarn national park and Monkey Mia where wild dolphins come into shore daily.
* Food and beverage facilities and services: The finest dining experience hot buffet breakfast and freedom of choice dining included in the package.
* Tour guides: Professional tour directors and driver/guides.
Question 2: You have clients who wish to travel by rail on the Ghan from Alice Springs to Adelaide in May. The details of fares and timeline have been provided. Use this information to answer the following questions.
a) Your clients wish to depart Alice Springs on a Thursday. When would they arrive in Adelaide?
b) Calculate the total price for one adult and one 17 year old part-time, TAFE student travelling from Alice Springs to Adelaide, taking their small car (under 5 metres long) and booking a Red Service Sleeper Cabin.
| Red Service Sleeper Cabin
| Red Service Sleeper Cabin
| Up to 5.5m Length Alice Spring - Adelaide
c) After disembarking from The Ghan, your clients plan to spend two nights in Adelaide. Outline three popular attractions and/or sights they could visit.
* Rundle Mall: Adelaide’s premier retail destination
* Kangaroo Island day tour: Discover the highlights of South Australia’s premier nature-based tourism destination, Kangaroo Island. Daily tours leave from Adelaide, by either ferry or plane.
* Adelaide Zoo: The zoo is beautifully landscaped and offers more than just a day out
Question 3: Kelly has booked her clients Mr and Mrs Nguyen on a holiday with travel tours Pty Ltd (a wholesaler). The details of this arrangement have been provided use this information to answer Part (a).
a) What is the total amount of commission earned from the initial holiday booking?
b) Mr and Mrs Nguyen contact Kelly at CBA Travel to add an extra passenger to the booking. The passenger’s name is Miss Hyun. Complete the invoice to...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document