1. If a network administrator enters these commands on a switch, what will be the result?
Switch1(config-line)# line console 0
Switch1(config-line)# password cisco
to secure the console port with the password "cisco"
to deny access to the console port by specifying 0 lines are available
to gain access to line configuration mode by supplying the required password
to configure the privilege exec password that will be used for remote access
2. Which command line interface (CLI) mode allows users to configure switch parameters, such as the hostname and password?
user EXEC mode
privileged EXEC mode
global configuration mode
interface configuration mode
3. What happens when the transport input ssh command is entered on the switch vty lines?
The SSH client on the switch is enabled.
Communication between the switch and remote users is encrypted.
A username/password combination is no longer needed to establish a secure remote connection to the switch.
The switch requires remote connections via proprietary client software.
4. A network administrator uses the CLI to enter a command that requires several parameters. The switch responds with "% Incomplete command". The administrator cannot remember the missing parameters. What can the administrator do to get the parameter information?
append ? to the last parameter
append a space and then ? to the last parameter
use Ctrl-P to show a parameter list
use the Tab key to show which options are available
5. When a switch receives a frame and the source MAC address is not found in the switching table, what action will be taken by the switch to process the incoming frame?
The switch will request that the sending node resend the frame.
The switch will issue an ARP request to confirm that the source exists.
The switch will map the source MAC address to the port on which it was received.
The switch ends an acknowledgement frame to the source MAC of this... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 01). Jhhg. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Jhhg-1362390.html
"Jhhg" StudyMode.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Jhhg-1362390.html>.
- MLA 7
"Jhhg." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Jhhg-1362390.html>.
"Jhhg." StudyMode.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/course-notes/Jhhg-1362390.html.