2010 - 2012
THE MARKETING MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
BUSINESS ACADEMY AARHUS
2.The Aim of the Final Exam Project4
3.Formal Requirements to the Form, Content and Handing in
of the Final Exam Project6
3.1Format and Content6
3.4Table of Contents6
3.7Failure to Hand in/Handing in Late, Illness or Prevented
from Handing in7
3.7.1Failure to Hand in/Handing in Late7
3.7.2Illness or Prevented from Handing in8
3.8Number of Copies to be Handed in8
4.Assessment of the Final Exam Project8
5.Failed and Complaints Procedure9
6.Registration for the Final Exam Project with Examination9
7.Programme for the Final Exam Project: Activity Plan and Time Schedule10
8.Examples of Different Types of Final Exam Project11
Appendix 1: Final Exam Project, Oral Part
Appendix 2:Assessment Form/ Final Exam Project
Appendix 3: Comments on the Assessment Form
Final Exam Project
As you will already know, you have to prepare your Final Exam Project during the second year. In this connection you need information regarding the aim of the Final Exam Project, requirements to contents and form, as well as supervision, etc. Therefore you need this Final Exam Project Guide.
As you may already have heard, in several cases a successful course of preparing the Final Exam Project has resulted in the student being employed by the company for which the project was prepared.
Also for this reason the Final Exam Project is the most important written assignment in the Marketing Management Programme.
The tutors are looking forward to a good and constructive Final Exam Project process.
Viby J, August 2012
2. The Aim of the Final Exam Project
In the curriculum it says that:
“The Final Exam Project finishes the education and the examination is at the end of the 4th semester.
The purpose of the Final Exam Project is to make the student able to document, on a methodological basis, his or her ability to work with complex problems in a specific project. Attachment to a company and/or stay abroad in connection with the project must be aimed at. The school approves the wording of the assignment.
The Final Exam Project must take its starting point in central problems dealt with in the subjects and train the student’s ability to combine knowledge of various subjects.
The Final Exam Project could e.g. include the drafting of a marketing plan, a communication plan or a business plan.
The student’s ability to spell and write is part of the total evaluation.
The Final Exam Project can be made individually or in groups of up to three students.
The 7-point marking scale is used to give one mark. The student’s ability to spell and write is part of the written mark (weight 20%).
On the basis of the Final Exam Project an individual oral examination of 45 minutes is made.”
The following main points should be emphasised:
1. The Final Exam Project finishes the education. The student cannot take this examination before he/she has passed all other examinations and compulsory assignments.
2. As a main rule, the Final Exam Project should take its starting point in a practical problem.
3. The Final Exam Project must include central problems dealt with in the subjects and train the student’s ability to combine knowledge of various subjects including the elective subjects chosen by the student.
4. The Final Exam Project must include your specialisation, perhaps as an appendix.
5. The Final Exam Project is to be made individually or in groups of two or three students.
6. The student’s ability to spell and write is part of the total evaluation.
7. During the writing...