1. (TCO D) The most valuable single technique in personal risk management to assist an individual in determining how much life insurance is needed is: (Points : 4) Computing the Human Life Value.
Using the probability of death each year, prevailing interest rates and assumed inflation rates to find the discounted present value of a future income stream. x Assessing the family's total economic needs and subtracting financial resources available to meet those needs.
Estimating the sum of money which, when paid in installments, will produce the same income as the person would have earned, after deducting assumed amounts for taxes and personal maintenance expenses. Using a multiple of earnings adjusted for occupation.
2. (TCO D) Mike had a $100,000 whole life insurance policy with a $10,000 loan outstanding when he died. The policy had a $20,000 cash value prior to the loan. How much will his beneficiary receive following Mike's death? (Points : 4) $120,000
3. (TCO D) If your employment is terminated, COBRA provides for: (Points : 4) Cancellation of all group insurance benefits.
Continuation of group insurance benefits until you are reemployed. Permanent continuation of group health insurance.
x Temporary continuation of group insurance benefits; you pay premiums.
Temporary continuation of group insurance benefits; employer pays premiums.
4. (TCO D) Which of the following best describes a "pre-existing condition"? (Points : 4) An exclusion.
Cancer, heart condition or other serious diseases.
An injury that results from an accident.
Something not covered by the insurance policy.
x A medical condition for which one has previously been treated.
5. (TCO D) The right of ______ gives the insurance company the right to recover its costs from the at-fault...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document