* President of CII- Adi Godrej.
* British High Commissioner- James Bevan.
* Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission- Montek Singh Ahluwalia. * PISA- Programme for International Student Assessment.
* “The Satanic Verses”- Salman Rushdie.
* Chairman, Finance Commission- Vijay Kelkar.
* CARE- Credit Analysis & Research Analysis.
* Chairman, KMRL- Sudhir Krishna,
MD- Elias George.
* Chief Justice of India- Altamas Kabir (39th).
* Chairman, IOC- Shri.R.S.Butola.
* Chief Justice of High Court of Kerala- Manjulla Chellur, Delhi- Darmar Murugesan, Haryana- Arjan Kumar Sikri. * Foxconn Technology Group assembles Apple’s iPhones and makes components for top electronic companies. * US Ambassador to India- Nancy Powell.
* Chairman, IRDA- J Hari Narayan.
* “Life is an Adventure”- Yamaha Ray.
* Chief Election Commissioner- V S Sampath.
* Chief Economic Advisor- Raghuram Rajan.
* Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, 2011 were awarded to 11 scientists. Indians include Mahan MJ (mathematician) & Shiraz Minwalla (physicist). * China’s 1st Aircraft Carrier- Liaoning
* World Bank Chief Economist- Kaushik Basu.
* “Joseph Anton”- Salman Rushdie.
* 20th Edition of the Global Conference on Mysticism- New Delhi on 20 Sept. 2012. * IDF:-Stands for Infrastructure Debt Fund: 3 people involved-developer,lender(bank) and IDF. * GSAT-10 Launched from Kourou, French Guina on Sept 29,201using European Ariane 5. * Tajik President- Mr.Emomali Rahmon.
* World’s most competitive economy, 2012- Switzerland.
* RGESS- Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme.
* Chairman, PTI- Mr.R.Lakshmipathy.
* Highest US Civilian Award- Congressian Gold Medal, 2012- Ms.Aung San Suu Kyi. * Switzerland Business Excellence Award, 2012- Dr.K.C.Abraham (MD, Kunnath Pharmaceuticals). * Economic...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document