* Animals and workers are being abused.
* Why many things are deliberately kept from us.
* We are only allowed to know what the companies want us to know. * Farmers are not allowed to talk about many things.
* We eat things every day without thinking about where they come from * Why is McDonalds is the largest purchaser of ground beef in the united states * This changes how ground beef is produced
* Companies basically control our food system
* In the 1970’s the top 5 beef packers controlled only 25% of beef. * Today the top 4 control more than 80%.
* Birds are now raised and slaughtered in half the time they were fifty years ago but now they are twice the size with large breasts. * All birds that come from farms must be almost exactly the same size. * “If you can grow a chicken in 49 days why grow one in three months? More money in your pocket!” * Chickens never see sunlight! Is this fair?
* Tyson makes farmers change their minds about letting people tour their chicken houses. * What are they hiding?
* Tyson declined being interviewed.
* Bones and internal organs of chickens can’t keep up with all the weight they gain. * Antibiotics are no longer working.
* They catch the chickens at night time so they give less resistance. * The farmer states that the catchers were mostly African-Americans but she is now seeing more Latinos which are undocumented workers. * They have no rights or choices.
•Fast food is cheap and feels you up compared to cheap food in the market. •Cheaper calories are heavily subsidized
•industry blames obesity on crisis of personal responsibility •We are hard wired to go for three tastes: Salt Fat and Sugar •These things are very rare in nature
•We wear down how our body metabolizes sugar
Type 2 diabetes used to only affect adults and is now affecting children.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document