A Paper Presentation Contest in Retail Management
Pages: 6 (1274 words) /
Published: Jun 18th, 2013
Retailers Association of India (rai) Announces
A Paper Presentation Contest in RETAIL MANAGEMENT
At “Talking Shop” -The RAI-GSB Retail Conclave
Retailers Association of India (rai) announces a Paper Presentation Contest for the management students of B-Schools in Retailing Excellence in India on the occasion of ‘Talking Shop 2010’ to be held from September 29th – 30th, 2010 at Gnanam School of Business,Thanjavur. We invite papers on the following guidelines:
Defined Areas in Retail Management For The Contest :
1. Customer Experience / Loyalty Management in Retailing in India
2. Retail Formats and Their Evolution in India (Malls, Dept. Stores, Supermarkets, Hypermarkets, etc.) or The Role of Retail Formats in Creating Consumer Experience
3. Role of IT in Retailing
4. Creating Retail Store Brands
5. Power Shift From Suppliers To Retailers in India
6. Challenges in Managing People in Modern Retailing in India
7. Merchandising, Buying Practices, Supply Chain Management, Etc. in Retailing in India
8. The Role of Modern Retailing In Increasing Consumption That Impact The Growth of The Economy of India
9. Private Labels in Modern Retailing
10. The Future of E-Tailing or Internet Retailing / Non-store Formats in India
The papers written for the contest have to be within the above areas specified in Retail Management in India.
Written Presentation Rules
1. General Format: Papers must be submitted as Word Document / Portable Document Format (PDF), single- spaced and formatted for A4 paper. The body must be 2,500 to 3,000 words — over/under results in penalty (with the Introduction, Body, Conclusion, Tables, and Figures, this is about 7 pages). The optional Appendices must not exceed 5 pages.
2. Style: While third
References: Book: Thomas A. Edison (name of author), Retail Management (title of the book), John Wiley and Sons, Inc.(name of publication), New York (place of publication), pp. 170-171 (particular page numbers), 1998 (year of publication).