1. Background of the Report
Modern banking system plays a vital role for a nation’s economic development. Over the last few years, the banking world has been undergoing many changes due to deregulation, technological innovations, globalization etc. These changes also made revolutionary changes of a country’s economy. Present world is changing rapidly to face the challenge of competitive free market economy. It is well recognized that there is an urgent need for better-qualified management and better-trained staff in the dynamic global financial market. Bangladesh is no exceptions of this trend. Banking Sector in Bangladesh is facing challenges from different angles though its prospect is bright in the future. Since banking industry is a highly service oriented industry, its overall success depends on the customers’ satisfaction regarding its service and perceived image of the banking services. So, no matter how good the bank’s management or employees are, if it cannot create a good image in the minds of the customers and cannot maintain its standards as promised, and then it won’t be able to increase its market share and loyalty among customers. Uttara Bank Limited is always ready to maintain the highest quality of service by upgrading banking technology prudence in managing and applying high standard of business ethics through its established commitment and heritage. Objectives of a private institution like IBBL are to maximize profit through optimum utilization of resources by providing best customer service.
2. Statement of the problem
Uttara Bank Limited is one of the renowned private banks of our country. SME as it is one of the major functions of a commercial bank and a profit making issue. This reports to show how Uttara Bank Limited is managing and facilitating SME banking in Bangladesh.
3. Objective of the Report
The primary purpose of this report is to get an idea about the Business plan of Uttara Bank Limited, a third generation bank of the country and make an industry analysis on the banking sector of Bangladesh. The objectives are as follows:
• To develop comprehensive knowledge about Uttara Bank. • To develop comprehensive knowledge on role of bank in SME sector. • To develop knowledge about Uttara bank in SME processing. • To know the offers of Uttara Bank in SME sector.
• To develop some strategic recommendation for Uttara Bank in SME sector.
This is basically a exploratory research for providing insight about the SME of Uttara Bank Limited.
Data collection method:
Both Primary and Secondary data source were used to generate this report.
Primary data was collected from:
• Informal interview with the officers, specially the Relationship Manager, and other staffs of SME department of Uttara Bank Limited, Elephant Road Branch. • Face to face conversation with the Bank Officials. • Observations.
Secondary data was collected form:
• Annual Reports of Uttara Bank Limited.
• Website of the Uttara Bank Limited.
• Bangladesh Bank Bulletin.
• Bangladesh Bank monthly Economic trends.
• Different research report.
• Different Newspapers, Articles, Journals and Published.
5. Scope of the Report
The study would focus on the following areas:
• The report covers the over view of SME loan.
• Identification of problems regarding SME loan.
• Types of SME and sector of SME allocation of Uttara Bank Ltd. Each of the above areas would be critically analyzed in order to determine, from a Bankers point of view, what issues are preventing SMEs to access the institutional credit facilities.
6. Limitation of the Report
Since the report has to be made parallel to office work with in...
Bibliography: 1. Annual Report of Uttara Bank Limited (2008).
Please join StudyMode to read the full document