* ¨but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the Independence of solitude.¨ This quote made me think a lot. At first I was thinking very complicated and I wasn´t able to quite understand it. But then I thought about it in a very simple way. This quote says that it takes a lot for someone to stay the same even though he feels pressured to change. Thinking this way is very helpful because like this it is easier to be in your comfort zone. * Self-Reliance
* “Speak what you think today in hard words and tomorrow speaks what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradicts every thing you said today.” I really like this quote because it really talks about the way people shouldn’t act at all. Every time you say something be honest in your words. I don’t matter if you’re against something but be respectful and honest in your response. Once you make your response, stand by it and accept you are wrong if that is the situation. If not, still be respectful and don’t humiliate or offend the ones who were incorrect.
* ¨For, nature is not always tricked in holiday attire, but the same scene which yesterday breathed perfumed and glittered as for the frolic of the nymphs, is overspread with melancholy today.¨ This quote talks about how nature can be beautiful one day and the next be a very awful day, but I think this can also be interpret in a different way. In life thing come and go, but some objects that are very connected to us can give a lot happy moments and the next just vanish with time. This can give an advice about things to come. Be ready for any change in your life because you never know how big it is and if you are ready to handle it. * Nature
* “The sun shines today also.”
I really like this quote, not only because the words are very simple but because the meaning is very symbolic to me. This quote says ¨the sun shine today also¨ meaning that every day is a new day. Every time we wake up in the morning we began a new moment and different things may happen. One day, it could be the worse day in your entire life but the next day it can be the best day you ever had. * Walden
* ¨Hardly a man takes a half hour´s dinner, but when he wakes he holds up his head and ask, ¨What´s the news?¨ as if the rest of mankind had stood his sentinels.¨ The quote from Walden really stood up to me because it is very true. We spend too much time checking what others are doing in Twitter or Facebook that we forget about our own lives. Every day were trying to know what celebrities are doing in TV that we waste time for ourselves. We need to spent more time thinking about our lives and just do stuff without thinking about others. * Walden
* “Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.” This quote basically what is saying that an individual should be comfortable enough with himself rather than looking for more materials things or even love. I think this is very true because if you can’t even love yourself or be comfortable with yourself it is very hard for someone else to love. It also can get very complicated to you to be successful in life because not everybody is going to like your way of life and can cause you problems. * On Civil Disobedience¨
* ¨if the injustice has a spring, or a pulley, or a rope, or a crank, exclusively for itself, then perhaps you may consider whether the remedy will not be worse than the evil; but if it is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.¨ This quote caught my attention because it says that you should commit an injustice to others if you are in the middle of an injustice. I thought this quote was very powerful because most people look for other options rather than commit an injustice to someone. I disagree with this quote because it is no longer making a stand against a higher...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document