During 1998 the telecom market space was inefficient and fragmented because most buyers and suppliers uses traditional procurement process. The process requires the buyers and supplier to individually purchase the telecommunication equipment that are needed in expanding or increasing their performance level. The procurement decision making involves a range of technical staff, such as network administrators, and telecommunication engineers to executive management such as, Chief Executive Officers (CEO) and Chief Technology Officers (CTO) which cause the complexity over the process. The process become more complex as there is rapid change in telecommunications industry, where buyers find themselves have to compare solutions using up-to-the-moments and often incomplete information. (Hutt and Speh, 2010 and Kim and Ramkaran, 2004). The complexity and time consuming traditional procurement process seems to be an opportunity for Elias and Sharmine who is eager to operate their own company. The idea is supported by the fact that Elias has experiences in telecommunication industry. The realisation of the idea is “Telezoo.com” which is established in October 1998. Telezoo start its business by hiring a core teams which contains of six developers and operation personnel in developing functional requirement, build user-friendly Web-site, and integrate information from providers and telecommunication suppliers. (Hutt and Speh, 2010) Telezoo is a telecom search engine which search services and products from hundreds of suppliers and provides the information to buyers. Telezoo is set in an easy-to-use display, which allows the buyer to refine and chose the exact expected results. Differentiate from other telecom site, Telezoo will provide the buyer with the perfect data, voice and equipment solutions. (Hutt and Speh, 2010) Telezoo operates as consultant in procurement process. It develop catalogue which compared product...
References: * Kim, H. M. & Ramkaran, R. (2004). Best Practices in E-Business Process Management. Business Process Management Journal. 10(1), 27-43.
* Powers, T. L. & Sterling, J. (2008). Segmenting Business-to-Business markets: A Micro-Macro Linking Methodology. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing. 23(3), 170-177.
* Saxena, S. (2007). Industrial Market Segmentation. Retrieved from http://www.indianmba.com/Faculty_Column/FC505/fc505.html
* Hassink, W. & Russo, G. (2008). Wage Differences between Internal and External Candidates. International Journal of Manpower. 29(8), 715-730
* HR Management (2009). External And Internal Recruitment. Retrieved from http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/external-recruitment/
* WebDynamic (2010). ECommerce. Retrieved from http://www.webdynamic.com.au/ecommerce.html
* Hutt, M.D & Speh, T. W, (2010), Business Marketing Management:b2b, 10 edn, South Western, Carnigie Learning, Australia
Please join StudyMode to read the full document