• Charles Raymond Starkweather (November 24, 1938 – June 25, •
Starkweather was born in Lincoln, Nebraska
He was the third of seven children born to Guy and Helen
Starkweather had attended Saratoga Elementary School, Everett Junior High School and Lincoln High School in Lincoln.
In contrast to his family life, Starkweather remembered nothing positive of his time at school.
Starkweather was born with genu varum, a mild birth defect that caused his legs to be misshapen.
• Starkweather loved going to the gym and he started getting big. • Starkweather used his new found physicality to begin bullying those who had once bullied him, and soon his rage stretched beyond those who had bullied him to anyone whom he happened to dislike. • Starkweather soon went from being considered one of the most well-behaved teenagers in the community to one of the most
• He watched a movie called “Rebel Without A Cause” and he started imitating the dreasing, hairstyle, and everything Dean would do in the movie.
• American teenaged killer who murdered eleven people in the state of Nebraska.
Robert Colvert (21), gas station attendant
Marion Bartlett (58), Fugate's stepfather
Velda Bartlett (36), Fugate's mother
Betty Jean Bartlett (2), Velda and Marion Bartlett's daughter August Meyer (70), Starkweather family's friend
Robert Jensen (17), Carol King's boyfriend
Carol King (16), Robert Jensen's girlfriend
Clara Ward (46), C. Lauer Ward's wife
Lillian Fencl (51), Clara Ward's maid
C. Lauer Ward (47), wealthy industrialist
Merle Collison (34), traveling salesman
Span of Killings:
• December 1, 1957 – January 29, 1958.
• Killed, 11 people and 2 dogs.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document