About 5 Billion years ago,
y There was no Sun, no Earth& no Moon y Only cosmic dust and gasses drifted in the
darkness of space
SOLAR SYSTEM THEORY
The solar system was formed by a slowly spinning cloud of gas and cosmic dust, gradually the cloud began to spin faster and faster this formed a large spinning whirl at the centre and smaller whirls surrounding it at various distances.
SOLAR SYSTEM THEORY
The huge and heavy centre became hot enough to start thermo nuclear reaction the centre began to glow and became our sun. The smaller whirls attracted more and more particles from the cloud of dust and gases and grew in size finally they formed into planets at various distances from sun .
Solar system consists of following things: Sun Planets(eight) Moons Asteroids(thousands in number) Meteors(millions) Comets(millions) Tiny sand like objects as well as gigantic rocks
Nearly 99% of the total mass of the solar system is in the sun. this gives the sun an enormous force of attraction. The force produced by the revolution of planets is balanced by the sun¶s gravitational force. This balance of forces keeps the members of the solar family in place.
The sun is our nearest star. It is a huge of ball of hot gasses. It s temperature so high that all the elements in the sun are
in gaseous state.
The sun consists of mostly hydrogen and helium
SUN S MOTIONS
The sun has two motions . They are :1. Rotation on its axis ,Its rotation period at its equator is 25 earth days And at its poles, it is35 earth days. 2. Circular movement among its neighboring stars and constellations. it travels at 250 Km/sec
The planets are formed at various distances from sun. they are independent on each other and revolve in their respective paths around the sun. Only earth, the third planet in the solar system has life in all solar system. The four planets near to sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars Are called inner planets or terrestrial planets. The four planets far from sun, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune are called outer planets or giant
Mercury is the closest planet to the sun . The smallest and hottest planet in the solar system. Its mass is 0.055(earth=1). It revolves fastest around the sun. It rotates slowly around itself.
ers elieve t at t ere as a a ce f life Ve s. a B t t e reality as iffere t Ve s as a vi le t la et it vi le t st r s a aci rai . It is ri test la et i t e s lar syste . It s i es as t e r i star i t e c stellati a r s Eve i star i Li ra
In the entire solar system, life as we know it exists only on earth. This is due , among other factors, to:The water cycle The rock cycle The carbon dioxide cycle The oxygen cycle
The time of a day is almost the same as on earth day. The martin year and its seasons are twice longer than
ours. It is green during its winter and brown during autumn. Its polar ice caps grow larger in winter. Atmosphere is thinner seems to have less oxygen, water vapour.
y The planet with red spot. y Sun has99% of the total mass of solar system, Jupiter
has 99%of remaining 1% this is the reason why sun is became a star and Jupiter remained as a planet. y If the mass of Jupiter had been 100 times that of its actual mass ,the temperature in its core should have been high enough to start thermo nuclear reaction. y It has 16 satellites.
y The gas giant Saturn has 18 satellites. y This planet has held its satellites in place by its
gravitational force just like sun holds it in its place. y However like sun it do not give heat and light to their satellites. y It has a ring around its equator made of cosmic dust.
y Uranus is lightest of all outer planet. y Unequally among the planets ,it orbits the sun on its
side; its axial tilt is other gas giants and radiates very little heat into space. y Uranus has 27 known satellites.
y Neptune , is more massive (equivalent to 17 Earths)
and therefore more dense. y It radiates more internal heat, but not as much as Jupiter or Saturn. y Neptune has 13 known satellites