Social Media & Networking
Elizabeth Rencinos, Victoria Vestal,
Timothy Kenworthy, Bryan Sawyer
Introduction to Computer Applications and Systems
• Social Media Networks
• Pros and Cons of Social Media
• Other benefits to using social
• Information Systems and
System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Pros and Cons of SDLC
How to Engage Students (strong social media content strategy)
Reasons to Tweet
In today’s technological era it is important to maximize the learning experience for students, and to work collaboratively (tech and learning). It is important for educators and Universities to use technology to promote teamwork and collaborative projects. Using technology can break the paradigm of traditional schools where the teacher stands in front of the classroom and the students are isolated by desks. Incorporating technology in the classroom will help students become more engaged in the lesson and in participating in class discussion.
Social Media Networks
Twitter and Facebook
• Help get students out of their
• Avoid speaking in front of other
• Student will be more engaged in
• Easier to voice opinions and
• Avoid speaking over each other
Everyone is heard (read)
Everyone can read your opinion
Great studying tool to reference back to
More student participation
Use phone of other electronic device
Pros and Cons of Social Media in the Classroom
• Educational Tool
• Enhance Student Engagement
• Improve Communication Among
Students and Teachers
• Preparing Students for Successful
• Social Media can be a Distraction
• Discouraging Face-to-Face
Create Your Twitter and Facebook Account
• The design feature of Facebook should include a way for current and future students to connect with each other and allow for the University of Phoenix to interact with, and engage students. The life cycle for this social media implementation will include the implementation phase, System maintenance phase, and most importantly determining whether the business goals of the social media implementation has been successful. The business goal that is to be met is an increased interest in the University of Phoenix.
• Web engagement
• Social Media Marketing
• Schedule Tweets and Retweets
Social Media and Technology in the Classroom
What is SDLC?
• System Development Life cycle
- A framework that describes the activities performed at each stage of a software development project.
• What are the Software Development Life Cycle Phases?
-There are various software development approaches defined and designed which are used, employed during development process of software, these approaches are also referred as “Software Development Process Models
- Waterfall Model, V-Shaped Model, Iteratve Model, Spiral Model, Big Bang Model, & Agile Model
Information Systems and Applications
• Live Chat (Twitcam)
• Tweet deck
• Social Oomph
• Social mention
Pros & Cons Of SDLC
• Provides basis for project planning,
estimating and scheduling
• Provides mechanism for project
tracking and control.
• Increases visibility of project
progress to all stakeholders.
• Improves client relations
• Increased development speed
• Waterfall model can cause early delays that
can throw off project timeline.
• V-Shaped model is difficult to go back and
• Interactive & Spiral model can become too...
References: Pros and Cons of Social Media, 2014. Retrieved from
Twitter Applications 2014. Retrieved from
Please join StudyMode to read the full document