Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. Name at least five applications and tools pre-loaded on the TargetWindows01 server desktop, and identify whether that application starts as a service on the system or must be run manually.
Windows Application Loaded Starts as Service Y/N
1. putty q Yes q No
2. wireshare q Yes q No
3. netwiness investigation q Yes q No
4. Nmap Zenmap GUI q Yes q No
5. Nessus Server Manager q Yes q No
2. What was the allocated source IP host address for the TargetWindows01 server, TargetUbuntu01 server, and the IP default gateway router? 172.30.0.8 / 172.30.0.1
3. Did the targeted IP hosts respond to the ICMP echo-request packet with an ICMP echo-reply packet when you initiated the “ping” command at your DOS prompt? If yes, how many ICMP echo-request packets were sent back to the IP source? Yes, 4 were sent and 4 were received.
4. If you ping the TargetWindows01 server and the UbuntuTarget01 server, which fields in the ICMP echo-request/echo-replies vary? Time
5. What is the command line syntax for running an “Intense Scan” with Zenmap on a target subnet of
nmap -T4 -A -v -PE -PS22,25,80 -PA21,23,80,3389 172.30.0.0/24
6. Name at least five different scans that may be performed from the Zenmap GUI. Document under what circumstances you would choose to run those particular scans.
Intense Scan, intense scan plus UDP, intense scan, all TCP ports, intense scan no ping, ping scan, quick scan, regular scan.
7. How many different tests (i.e., scripts) did your “Intense Scan” definition perform? List them all after reviewing the scan report. 5
8. Describe what each of these tests or scripts performs within the Zenmap GUI (Nmap) scan report.
Nmap Output - Raw Nmap outdata
Ports/Hosts - IP hosts and open ports
Topology - Fisheye bubble chart of IP hosts
Host Details - IP host OS fingerprint details
Scans - Completed