Operating System and Windows
1. Which edition of Windows 7 comes only in a 32-bit version?
Window 7 Starter
2. What is the maximum amount of memory a 64-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium can support?
3. How much free space on the hard drive is required to install a 64-bit version of Windows 7?
4. How do you start the process to reinstall an OS on a laptop computer using the backup files stored on a recovery partition?
To access the utilities on the hidden partition, press a key during startup. The key to press is displayed on the screen early in the boot before the OS is loaded.
5. What are three free applications mentioned in the chapter that can be used to create virtual machines? Virtual PC, Virtual Box, and VMware Player
6. When upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7, can you perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 7?
There is no upgrade path from windows XP to windows 7
7. What must be installed in Windows Vista before you can perform an in-place upgrade from Vista to Windows 7?
Vista Service Pack 1
8. Which file system is used on the volume where Windows is installed?
NTFS file system
9. What is the minimum number of partitions required on a hard drive that is to be set up as a dual boot with Windows 7 and Windows XP?
One partition for Windows 7 and one partition for Windows XP
10. Is the built-in administrator account in Windows 7 enabled or disabled by default? In
Disabled by default for both operating systems.
11. Which gives better security, workgroup sharing or homegroup sharing? Why?
Workgroup sharing gives bether security, because in homegroup any user of any computer in the homegroup can access homegroup resources.
12. Why will homegroup sharing not work on a network that has a mix of Windows XP,
Vista, and 7 computers?
Because you need better security so you can share resources with spesific users, use workgroup sharing rather than a homegroup.
13. During a Windows 7 installation, what network