Marketing and Maine Media Workshops
ACADEMIC YEAR 2011/2012
MAY 2012 TRIMESTER
Bachelor of Marketing (Hons)
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons)
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Entrepreneurship
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Banking and Finance
Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) Accounting
Bachelor of Economics (Hons) Financial Economics
Bachelor of International Business (Hons)
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Logistics and International Shipping
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Statistical Computing and Operations Research
To discuss administrative issues and general discussion about marketing concepts, study method and coursework with students.
Tutorial 2 (Chapter 1)
1. Explain the concept of marketing. What are some common misconceptions about marketing?
2. Describe the significance of the shift from transaction-based marketing to relationship marketing. When does relationship building begin?
3. Define marketing myopia, and describe how a company can overcome a myopic view. Give an example of a successful avoidance of marketing myopia.
4. What is the major distinction between the production era and the sales era?
5. What is utility? Discuss the four types of utility and give example of each.
Tutorial 3 (Chapter 2 & 3)
Case study (V-2): Strategic Planning and the Marketing Process at Preserve
1. Do you consider Preserve 's strategy for the Preserve brand a first mover or second mover strategy? Explain.
2. Perform a SWOT analysis on Preserve. Identify their core competency and their weaknesses in the marketplace.
3. Describe the characteristics of each of the four quadrants in the BCG matrix.
4. Why is environmental scanning an important activity for marketers?
5. Why do marketers monitor the technological environment?
Tutorial 4 (Chapter 5 & 8)
1. Describe a purchase that a