1 pound cups uncooked elbow macaroni
6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
4 cups real mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool. 2. In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, celery, and pepper. 3. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, salt and onion powder. 4. Combine in the bowl with the eggs and vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended. 5. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
2 cups fresh seedless grapes , whole or cut depending on size 4 cups melon balls, cantaloupe or honeydew
4 cups nectarines or peaches, peeled & sliced
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
1 cup sliced kiwi fruit
1. Combine all fruits and chill.
2. Serve with Fruit Cream Dressing (recipe below).
Fruit Cream Dressing:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Juice from 1 lemon
1. Soften cream cheese, whip with powdered sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, combine whipping cream and sugar together, whip until it forms soft peaks. 3. Combine beaten cream cheese, whipped cream, and lemon juice; continue to beat, adding just enough pineapple juice to achieve desired consistency. 4. Serve with fresh fruit salad.
8 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 celery ribs, sliced
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1. Place diced cooked potatoes in a large bowl.
2. Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, garlic and pepper in another bowl. 3. Add this mixture to the potatoes.
4. Add celery and onions, mix well.
5. Stir in chopped eggs.
6. Sprinkle paprika on top before serving.
2 packages raspberry gelatin powder
2 cups boiling water
1 packet plain gelatin powder
1 cup cold water
1 cup half and half
1 cup sugar
8 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups blueberries (canned)
1. Dissolve 1 package raspberry gelatin in boiling water. Pour into 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan. Chill until firm. 2. Combine packet of unflavored gelatin with cold water; set aside. 3. Mix half and half with sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. 4. Add softened cream cheese to the half and half mixture, beat until very smooth. 5. Add vanilla extract and unflavored gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. 6. Cool, and then pour over the chilled layer. Chill until firm. 7. Drain blueberry juice into a small bowl, set aside the blueberries. Add enough water to blueberry juice to make 2 cups liquid. 8. Bring the blueberry juice to a boil. Add remaining raspberry gelatin package; stir until dissolved. Cool this mixture then stir in blueberries. 9. Pour this mixture over cheese layer and chill until firm. Decorate with sliced strawberries and a few reserved blueberries if desired.
Seven Layer Salad
1 cup chopped green peppers
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 cup chopped onions
1 pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces, cooked
1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a large bowl layer the peppers, tomatoes, onions, bacon and peas. 2. Spread mayonnaise over peas, completely covering top of salad and sealing to edge of bowl. 3. Sprinkle with cheese as the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document