Founded by Shōzō Kawasaki in the year 1876, Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) has come a long way to its current success. Kawasaki Heavy Industries’ most famous consumer product lines are motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles (ATV), even though it was initially started out as Shipbuilding Company. Today Kawasaki has grown to be a multi-national corporation in the world which has a lot of holdings in the most major cities around the globe. Kawasaki Heavy Industries produces motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, utility vehicles, Jet Ski, water personal watercraft and general purpose gasoline engines under the division Kawasaki Heavy Industries Motorcycle and Engine, which was earlier called Consumer Products and Machinery. Their headquarters are located in two major cities in Japan, Kobe and Tokyo. “Let the good times roll” is their slogan. Japan, United States of America (USA), Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand are main plants of Motorcycles and Engine division of Kawasaki Heavy Industries where they manufacture Kawasaki motorcycles. In 1949, Kawasaki’s Aircraft Company started the development of motorcycle engine and the development was finalised and completed in the year 1952. By the year 1953 mass production was started. Kawasaki is often called Team Green, due to their traditional racing colour which is green.
* Kawasaki group is committed to provide excellent performances and services in order to win trust of their customers and community.
* Harmonious coexistence
* Kawasaki group acknowledges the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) which penetrates every single aspect of their business. * The company exists with the environment, society, local community and all individuals.
* Respect for people
* The company has mutual respect for all people.
Nurture global team for the global era.
* Continuous enhancement of profit and corporate value.
* Over pricing
* Setting the price too high makes them uncompetitive.
* Over staffed
* Causes weak company – employee relationship.
* Causes communication problems about certain jobs between high rank and workers.
* Low on stock
* Suppliers not able to keep up with demands of Kawasaki group as company is always producing.
* Green technology
* Improve exhaust and combustion systems to meet exhaust gas regulations. * Recycle materials from factory and converting to easy to use packing materials.
* Company expansion
* More branches open worldwide.
* Factories expanded overseas.
* Joint venture
* In 2009, Changzhou Kawasaki and Kwang Yang Engine Co, Ltd was founded in China. Threats
* Exchange rate
* The constant change of the global exchange rate threatens the company with import and export of its goods. * Tax
* Tax increase in some countries cause the customer numbers to fall. * Increases prices of raw materials.
* Interest rates
* Increases the debt owned and causes financial burden to the company. * Decreases gross profit.
Key advertising problem(s) to be solved
* Advertising strategy
* The advertising has to be carefully planned to give it direction and focus. * Advertisement must be built to meet specific objectives. * Ideas
* Ideas on the advertisements will have to be creative.
* Able to attract attention of consumers.
* Media vehicles will have to be chosen properly.
* The location where the advertisements are placed should also be very strategic. * Media planning
* Ways to deliver the message will have to be carefully plotted - and carried out. * Attract consumer’s attention with well placed advertisements. KEY STRATEGIC CAMPAIGN DECISIONS
Objectives of advertising
The best way to communicate with customers is through advertising. Therefore,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document