Introduction to Information Security: Assessment Worksheet
Lab #6 - Assessment Worksheet
Implementing a Business Continuity Plan
NT2580 INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION SECURITY
Course Name and Number: _____________________________________________________
Student Name: ________________________________________________________________
Instructor Name: ______________________________________________________________
Lab Due Date: ________________________________________________________________
In this lab, you implemented a portion of your organization’s BCP. Based on the BIA, the organization determined that the internal Active Directory database and the corporate Web site must be recoverable in the event of system failure or natural disaster. To accomplish this, you configured local backups of Active Directory on the existing virtual server using Windows
Server Backup. You also configured the organization’s Web servers to host content from a single
NFS share, and back up that NFS share daily using Windows.
Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. What is the purpose of the business impact analysis (BIA)? an essential component of an organization's business continuance plan, it includes an exploratory component to reveal any vulnerabilities.
2. What is the difference between the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and a business continuity plan (BCP)?
A disaster recovery plan is more reactive while a business continuity plan is more proactive.
3. What are the commands used in Windows 2012 to mount the NFS share on the Linux server. yum -y install nfs-utils nfs-utils-lib
4. Is creating redundancy for systems such as Active Directory or Web servers a part of the
DRP or the BCP?
5. Why use the mklink command?
Link is basically nothing more than a shortcut. Its purpose is to get Windows to think that a file or folder which is physically located in folder.
6. What role/service is Windows 2012 Server Backup part of?