* The green house effect is the rise in temperature that the earth experiences because certain gases in the atmosphere trap energy from the sun.
* Earth receive most of it’s energy, called radiation, from the Sun sun
* The Earth’s surface absorbs the solar energy and release it back to the atmosphere as infrared(IR)radiation, some of which goes back to space.
* IR radiations emitted by the Earth is absorbed by gases in the atmosphere that re-emit the energy as the heat back towards the Earth's surface.
The Causes of Green House Effect
* man--made causes of the Green House effect is made causes of the is deforestation . * Burning of gasoline.
* Population growth.
The four main natural gases that contribute to green house effect are carbon dioxide, methane, water vapour and nitrous oxide. Increase in the quantity of green house gases.
* These gases absorb the infrared radiation emitted by the earth and re-radiate the energy as heat back towards the earth, causing a warming known as the green house effect.
* The greenhouse effect is important. Without the greenhouse effect, the Earth would not be warm enough for humans to live. * But if the greenhouse effect becomes stronger, it could make the Earth warmer than usual. extra warming may cause problems for humans, plants, animals even our environment and building
Good affect of green house effect
* Plant productivity would increase biodiversity(good for agriculture). Human(occupant):
* feel warm but not hot and we won’t freeze to death.
* Won’t use too much air-conditioning to cool the air for the occupants. In return, reduce the CO produced.
Impact of green house effect
Environment: With increasing CO2 emissions from humans, the green house effect has become drastically exaggerated. This caused a dangerous global warming process that is threatening our current environment.
* melting polar ice caps.
* Animals and plants to extinct.
* lower crop yields in some areas, which could lead to resource wars. * Unpredictable climatic changes in the world.
* raising see levels.
* Extreme hot weather.
* Temperature to rise.
* Wild fire in forest.
* Affect the health by increasing the risk of spreading disease. For example malaria. * Skin problem & cancer.
* Respiratory tract problems like asthma.
* Feel even hotter than before.
* The building will experience rise in temperature (hot) and thus need more air-conditioning to cool the air for the occupants. * The building needs more air-conditioning equal to more production of CO. Hence, greater green house effect. * The building materials such as timber will become dry and hot and most probably will easily get on fire.
As we all knows that, global warming causes by green house effect which brings negative consequences to our environment including our health, thus we shall all work together to prevent it by these several ways:- 1. Walk to places or use a bicycle instead of motor vehicles to reduce the usage of fossil fuels. 2. Turn off the lights and fans when you leave the room.
3. Use bio fuels and bio diesels instead of fossil fuels.
4. If you have a car, don't use it for short journeys.