The Senior Network Security Engineer is an IT professional with responsibility for designing, implementing and supporting network security solutions for the organization. In collaboration with members of the Architecture and Engineering, Systems Administration, Database Administration, IT Development and Application Support teams, the Senior Network Security Engineer will implement practical solutions to secure the bank's internal and external network infrastructure.
This includes the on-going maintenance and management of hardware and software that secures the organization's network, analyzing and troubleshooting problems and monitoring for potential network security problems or incidents.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Installation, configuration, maintenance and support of Checkpoint firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, Nortel VPNs, Website Filtering devices, Cisco NAC, Remote Access and Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems. · Network Traffic monitoring; early detection and fast reaction to unexpected “suspicious" situations (i.e. unusual traffic volume, port attacks, rogue devices in the network, etc.). · Network design and security
· Web and network security exploit identification
· Intrusion detection/prevention and network traffic analysis · Security event analysis and monitoring
· Monitor compliance with information security procedures and policies · Regular penetration testing, reporting and issue resolution · Liaising with global colleagues on the development of new designs and standards · Work with project teams to design and implement secure network connectivity solutions · Provide an escalation path for operations and deployment staff to resolve problems · Evaluate and certify new technologies or new versions of existing products · Integrate new products into the infrastructure
· Act as escalation point to vendor to resolve problems ·...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document