This includes the on-going maintenance and management of hardware and software that secures the organization's network, analyzing and troubleshooting problems and monitoring for potential network security problems or incidents.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Installation, configuration, maintenance and support of Checkpoint firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, Nortel VPNs, Website Filtering devices, Cisco NAC, Remote Access and Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems.
· Network Traffic monitoring; early detection and fast reaction to unexpected “suspicious" situations (i.e. unusual traffic volume, port attacks, rogue devices in the network, etc.).
· Network design and security
· Web and network security exploit identification
· Intrusion detection/prevention and network traffic analysis
· Security event analysis and monitoring
· Monitor compliance with information security procedures and policies
· Regular penetration testing, reporting and issue resolution
· Liaising with global colleagues on the development of new designs and standards
· Work with project teams to design and implement secure network connectivity solutions
· Provide an escalation path for operations and deployment staff to resolve problems
· Evaluate and certify new technologies or new versions of existing products
· Integrate new products into the infrastructure
· Act as escalation point to vendor to resolve problems