Read the case study. Your assessor will request that you analyse the data and material presented to make recommendations for changing the customer service processes and culture.
Specifically, you are required to:
• identify Brad’s major customers
• prepare a customer service policy for Brad’s business
• prepare a standard for handling complaints
• prepare a work instruction for handling a complaint
• give an example of how you would change an element of the customer service system in response to the complaint about the quality of the meals
• outline how you would change the work culture in the kitchen
• outline how you would evaluate the customer service Brad’s Holiday Retreat gives in the future
• design a customer survey questionnaire and survey process that will increase Brad’s understanding of his and Rosemary’s customers’ wants and needs in relation to meals o outline the sample group o design the questions (no more than ten) o explain how the questionnaire will be distributed o explain how you will collate your results and mock up a report to show how you will present your results.
Adjustment for distance-based learners:
• No variation of task is required
• A follow-up interview may be required (at the discretion of the assessor).
• Documentation can be submitted electronically or posted in the mail.
The assessor will be looking for you to:
• show an understanding of what customer service is
• write an effective standard that people can understand
• write a work instruction that people can easily follow
• understand the elements of a customer service system
• analyse data and make relevant recommendations
• show an understanding of what drives a customer service culture
• show an understanding of design principles for a customer service survey
• show an understanding of how to create a report which compels the reader to take action whilst understanding what the resource implications are. Assessment Task