Answer the questions in complete sentences:
Dress for Success:
1. What specifically are Franchesca and Brad wearing that makes their appearance professional?
Franchesca is wearing business slacks, a blazer, professional shoes and natural makeup; whereas Brad is wearing a pressed clean suit with shined shoes.
2. What four items make Patricia’s and Brian’s appearance less professional?
Patricia’s shirt is not tucked in, they are drinking while at a business meeting, Brad is not wearing a jacket, and both order before allowing the potential business partner order food.
3. What advice does the expert provide for looking professional regarding make-up, tattoos, jewelry, jeans, hair and shoes?
Make-up should be dressed down, tattoos should be covered, jewelry should not be gaudy, jeans are not ok to wear even on casual dress days, hair should be neatly groomed and shoes should be appropriate for the office and shined if necessary.
Business Lunch Etiquette:
4. Name three things Brian did right or wrong? Explain.
Brian ordered a drink at lunch, given it was a business lunch he shouldn’t have done so. Any instability he possesses could reflect instability in the company. He was texting on his phone, while at a business meeting you should direct all your attention to the meeting itself. Brian ordered first at lunch, it is common courtesy to let your guest order first.
5. What advice would you give Brian?
I would give him tips on how to be more professional at the work place and work functions. I would offer to teach him or guide him in a direction of positive growth in this particular matter. I would also talk to him about his wardrobe.
6. Midway through the lunch Brian and Patrica said or did something(s) that were unique or unprofessional, how should have Karen handled the situation?
Karen should have excused the three of them outside and explained the proper etiquette required at this type of business function. Karen