1. T: “It seems like a characteristic of traditional families that men are dominant.”“She had to obey the men absolutely with no argument.”“Children had to obey what the older people” M: “My mother began to work outside to support the family.”“We had to share the housework when my mother was out.”“My father began to be concerned about his children and tried to communicate with us.”“Everybody plays an important role in the family” 2.
Where family members live
Only parents and children live together
The role of men
The role of women
Can work outside
Attitude toward the elderly
Relationship between parents and children
Listen to elderly
3. In the traditional family, women have no choice, the men are dominant. Women only could follow their order with no against. I know somewhere that maybe at countryside in china. It’s far away from city. Only man makes the decision. In my opinion, I strong against this treatment, it’s contrary to human nature. People need freedom with no Sexism. 4. A family (from Latin: familia) is a group of people affiliated by consanguinity (by recognized birth), affinity (by marriage), or co-residence/shared consumption (see Nurture kinship).. Without a doubt, this definition is acceptable. For me, family is my all, is a road Harbor in my life. When I felt depression, family always give me a support.
1. T: “The family owned the land and depended on it for its living. If the traditional family structure had broken down, every family unit would then claim its share of land for itself.” “Moreover, the traditional family also provides a stronger union and closer relationship among family members, which is vital if they are to defend themselves against outside threats.” M: “Nowadays, when individualism and equality are the most prevailing ideas in the world, people may find it very hard to adjust themselves to a traditional family.” “The means of production have changed so that the adaptive value of the traditional family is no longer obvious.” I think the Kong’s reasons are convincing, because it does in the real society. 2. “This would be disastrous as the land would be divided into such small portions that none of the family unit could survive because there would not be enough to feed them.” This sentence is a complex sentence, and many good words to describe. 3. I think the family patterns are the products of the culture, because as the economy and living standard is improving, people’s lifestyle was changed, so the family patterns are follow by a change. 4. I agree, because each person's personality is unique, they will inevitably be conflict on the ideas.
1. Two changes: people’s mentality and behavior.
The author discusses them at paragraph 3.
It changes their way of living, one of the first things to change was the size of the family. Now it’s an unclear family that only includes Dad, Mom, and their own children. It used to be a big family with Grandpa, Grandma, mom, dad, their brothers and sisters, and their children The next change is to increase the rights of the nuclear family members. The women will go outside looking for a job. The children left themselves and without supervision, think they are free. The father feels less powerful. 2.
The decision maker
The divisor of a fraction
The total of inherited attributes
The biological process whereby genetic factors are transmitted from one generation to the next supervision
Management by overseeing the performance or operation of a person or group conservative
Resistant to change
Opposed to liberal reforms
An organization founded and united for a specific purpose
3. The women won’t only be a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document