1) The correct sequence of levels forming the structural hierarchy is Chemical, cellular, tissue, organ, organ system, organismal
2) The structural and functional unit of life is
3) Which of the following is a major functional characteristic of all organisms? Movement, growth, metabolism, responsiveness.
4) Two of these organ systems bear the major responsibility for ensuring homeostasis of the internal environment. Nervous system and endocrine system
5) In (a)-(e), a directional term [e.g., distal in (a)] is followed by terms indicating different body structures or locations (e.g., the elbow/the wrist). In each case, choose the structure or organ that matches the given directional term. (a) distal: wrist/elbow
(b) Lateral: hip bone/umbilicus
(c) Superior: nose/chin
(d) Anterior: toes/heel
(e) Superficial: scalp/skull
6) Assume that the body has been sectioned along three planes: (1) a median plane, (2) a frontal plane, and (3) a transverse plane made at the level of each of the organs listed below. which orans would not be visible in all three cases? neither the lungs or kidneys would be visible in the median section 7) Relate each of the following conditions or statements to either the dorsal body cavity of the ventral body cavity. (a)Surrounded by the bony skull and the vertebral colum: dorsal (b)Includes the thoracic and abdominopelvic cavities: ventral (c)Contains the brain and spinal cord: dorsal
(d)Contains the heart, lungs, and digestive organs: ventral
8) Which of the following relationships is inncorrect?
Parietal pericardium/ outer surface of heart
9) which ventral cavity subdivision has no bony protection?
10) Terms that apply to the back side of the body in the anatomical position include: posterior; dorsal
Please join StudyMode to read the full document