The Benefits of the Leadership Course
○ A responsible person is one who is able to act without guidance or supervision, because he or she is accountable and answerable for his or her behavior.
○ You will be prepared for both the risks and the opportunities that accompany new roles.
○ Your responsibility will grow, giving you an edge on others ○ A person who does as promised deed can be considered as reliable. ○ How does being responsible pay?
○ A person who has a reputation of being responsible is trusted to do things on his or her own, without supervision.
■ leads to self esteem, promotions,
● Develops Leadership Qualities
■ How do you handle yourself in unexpected or uncomfortable situations?
● An effective leader will adapt to new surroundings and
○ You can develop important qualities
■ Having these qualities improves your self-esteem and job situations
■ Major qualities include open-mindedness, enthusiasm,
consistency, courage, and confidence
○ You will be prepared to deal with real life situations
■ Example is getting a job
○ Gain feedback on your existing strengths - and weaknesses - as a leader
● Service Opportunities
○ it makes you get involved
○ colleges see the amount of service hours
○ by volunteering and helping others, you get to learn and see more about your community
○ colleges want to see you being more productive and caring to others and not just yourself.
○ It gets you familiar with the environment of the working class and the business world
■ do you volunteer at any organization?
■ What does your organization do to help your community?
■ have you learned anything by doing this service?
● Develops Leadership Ability in Extracurricular Activities ○ gives you ability to lead in your club/sport’s team
○ gives you extra edge over other students/athletes
○ enables you to hold a leadership position on a sport’s team in school or in a club
○ gives you...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document