Reading Project – Short Stories – Extensive Reading
1. Title of the short story: The Return of the Moon Man.
2. Author: E.L.Malpass.
3. Genre: mystery/ romance/fantasy/suspense/other: Fantasy. 4. Number of pages: 6 pages.
5. Date you began reading: Wednesday, 14th April 2010
6. Date you finished reading: Friday, 16th April 2010
7. Where did you read this story: at home, at school or somewhere else? I read this story at home.
B. ______________________________________________________________________ 8. Write a summary of the story's plot in a paragraph. In 2500, Grandfather Griffiths pressed the switch, there was electricity on Pen-y-Craig farm for the first time. One Autumn evening of the same year, Griffith´s family heard a noise, they went to the street and they noticed that a spacecraft departed from London, it would be the first expedition to the moon but it had crashed and an astronaut was injured so they needed someone to go in his place . Grandfather didn’t let Dai go with them and took the place of the injured man, so he went to the moon. He was there for a long time so Gran married another man, as she believed that her husband would not return from space, and they went to 1954 for they honeymoon. However, Grandfather came back and when he discovered what had happened, he chased them to 1954, where he smashed the Time Machine and imprisoned Gran in a nunnery.
9. Write the names of the characters.
Dai my father;
Bronwen, the narrator;
Electric Plumber Williams,
Uncle Space-Ship-Repairs Jones;
Auntie Space-Ship-Repairs Jones;
The Moon Men;
Llwellyn Time Machine.
10. Choose two characters that have impressed you the most and build up their profiles:
Name: Grandfather Griffiths
Role in the story: He is a main character.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document