1. The Great Society and the War on Poverty are associated with which presidential administration?
2. The term often used to describe services that are provided at no cost is: pro bono
3. Charity Organization Societies relied on which group to provide needed services to the poor: friendly visitors
4. Social workers are not legally authorized to engage in: the dispensing of medicine
5. Which movement focused on helping individuals correct personal flaws that landed them in poverty?
Charity Organization Society Movement
6. Fairness and equity in regard to basic civil and human rights, protections, resources and opportunities, and social benefits is a definition of: social and economic justice
7. Care for the poor in England prior to enactment of the Elizabethan Poor Law was:
8. Settlement houses and charity organizations operated during what period of American history? late 1800s and early 1900s
9. Which of the following is NOT a core value of the social work profession?
Level of education
10. A social work practice that grew out of the Charity Organization Society movement and still used today is:
*Social work case
11. Expecting poor people to achieve economic security through their own efforts is an example of:
12. The practice of helping those in need while insisting on responsibility and results most accurately describes: compassionate conservatism
13. During colonial times, the "unworthy poor" were sent to:
14. Enhancing human well-being and helping meet the basic needs of all people, with particular attention to the needs and empowerment of people who are vulnerable, oppressed, and living in poverty is the primary mission of which of the following professions?
15. Sigmund Freud is most often associated with which of the following professions?