>> ENGLISH VOCABULARY WITH EXPLANATION <<
~~> Posted by our Page Member : Malika Shaikh <~~
1. Dismay: (घबराहट)
Meaning: Dismay is a strong feeling of fear, worry, or sadness that is caused by something unpleasant and unexpected. Synonyms: discontent, dissatisfaction
Antonyms: reward, prize
2. Disrupt: (नष्ट-भ्रष्ट करना , भंग करना) Meaning: If someone or something disrupts an event, system, or process, they cause difficulties that prevent it from continuing or operating in a normal way. Synonyms: disturb, upset, interrupt, dislocate
Antonyms: support aid
3. Docile : (सीधा)
Meaning: A person or animal that is docile is quiet, not aggressive, and easily controlled. Synonyms: part, separate, alienate, sever
Antonyms: join, meet
4. Ecstatic : (अति आनंदित)
Meaning: If you are ecstatic, you feel very happy and full of excitement. Synonyms: beatific, rapturous
Antonyms: miserable, distressed
5. Effigy : (प्रतिमा)
Meaning: An effigy is a statue or carving of a famous person. Synonyms: figure, image, portrait
6. Facile : (आसान)
Meaning: If you describe someone’s arguments or suggestions as facile, you are criticizing them because their ideas are too simple and indicate a lack of careful, intelligent thinking. Synonyms: glib, effortless
Antonyms: strenuous, tough
7. Faint : (कमज़ोर)
Meaning: Someone who is faint feels weak and unsteady as if they are about to lose consciousness. Synonyms: pale, weak faded, dim
Antonyms: bright, brilliant
8. Ferocity : (क्रूरता)
Meaning: The ferocity of something is its fierce or violent nature. Synonyms: search, look for, seek
9. Greed : (लालच)
Meaning: Greed is the desire to have more of something, such as food or money, that is necessary or fair. Synonyms: voracity, gluttony, keenness
Antonyms: unselfishness, benevolence
10. Grandeur : (वैभव)
Meaning: If something such as a building or a piece of scenery has grandeur, it is impressive because of its size, its beauty, or its power. Synonyms: splendor, magnificence, majesty
Antonyms: pettiness, trivialityLIST OF AWARDS & HONOURS : 2013 ************************************
1) Harshwanti Bisht - Sir Edmund Hillary Mountain Legacy Medal ...
2) Vijay Singh - Lifetime Achievement Award by ASCE-EWRI
3) Prime Minister's Shram Awards for the Year 2012
4) UK Songwriting Contest 2013 ; Indian-Origin Winners Included
5) A team of three Indian-American students defeated teams from 17 other regions to win.
11th National Geographic World Championship.
6) The Prem Bhatia Memorial award - Shalini Singh of the Hindu.
7) Delhi conferred Lifetime Achievement Award 2013 on Abdul Rashid Khan and Anjolie Ela Menon.
8 VP Sharma won the Gujar Mal Modi Award for Science and Technology 2013.
9) Sri Lankan President felicitated tribal community, the Veddas on World Indigenous Peoples Day.
10) US Presidential Medal of Freedom to be conferred on Bill Clinton & Oprah Winfrey.
11) Sports Ministry announced 50 Thousand Cash Prize for Each Junior Women Hockey Player.
12) Play Called the Radicalisation of Bradley Manning Won James Tait Black Prize for Drama.
13) Sugathakumari, the Malayalam Poetess won Saraswati Samman 2013 for Manalezhuthu.
14) Indian Students Grab Two Silver & Three Bronze at 54th International Mathematical Olympiad.
15) Amjad Ali Khan to get 21st Rajiv Gandhi National Sadhbhavna Award.
16) Four Indian Americans won Simons
Investigators Awards 2013
17) Paradip Port Conferred With the Major Port of the Year Award.
18) Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation announced the Ramon Magsaysay Awards for the year 2013.
19) British Firm called Real VNC - MacRobert Award
20) OISD Safety Awards 2011-12 - HPCL and BPCL.
IMPORTANT ABBREVIATIONS :
* ATT- Arms Trade Treaty
* CRIS- Comparative Rating Index for Sovereigns
* CFSA- Committee on Financial Sector Assessment
Please join StudyMode to read the full document