1. Who was the first person to find the tomb of Jesus empty? a. Mary Magdalene
2. We know because of the Resurections that what is not the final chapter? a. death
3. What is the core or essential message of the kerygma? a. that Jesus Christ resurrected
b. Jesus is the fulfillment of the promises
4. What is the Assumption?
a. the Church dogma that teaches that the blessed Mother, because of her unique role in her son's Resurrection, was taken directly to Heaven when her earthly life was over. Feast Day is August 15th
5. According to Matthew's gospel, what did the Chief priest do to make sure that Jesus' body was not stolen?
6. What is the Ascension?
a. Jesus' passage from humanity into divine glory in God's heavenly domain 40 days after high resurrection
7. What does the Sanhedrin tell the guards to say happened to the body of Jesus when they learned that the tomb was empty?
8. We know the Resurrection to be a real, what event that took place a definite time and place?
9. Who did Jesus open the gates to Heaven to by his death and Resurrection? a. Mary
10. Did the apostles know at the time of Jesus' death on the cross that he would raise from the dead?
11. When Jesus asks Peter to feed his sheep, what is he asking him to do? 12. How do we know Jesus resurrected body and soul? a. he was not found in the tomb
13. Did those who follow Jesus immediately recognize him afer the Resurrection? If not, why not?
a. no because of his transfiguration
14. What does Jesus ask the apostles to do at the Great Commissioning? 15. How does Mary Magdalene first recognize that Jesus is not the gardener? What does Jesus say?
a. when Jesus speaks her name
16. How did the two disciples walking to Emmaus finally recognize Jesus? a. after the breaking of bread
17. How is the Road to Emmaus connected to the Mass?
a. share scripture
b. breaking of the bread
c. share the good news/tell the apostles
Please join StudyMode to read the full document