Parenting: Mother and Good Parent
3. Why is play important in the parent-child relationship? play is important in bonding , in cognitive development , emotional development, social skills development, and communication development.
4. Do you think you will be a good parent? Why or why not? Yes, I think I will be a good parent because I took this parenting class and I took good tips.
5. Why did the men say that they were ready for children? The men said they were ready to have children because they were married for a couple of years and was ready to start a family.
6. What did the men have to learn as new fathers? The men had to learn how to hold a baby bathe a baby and carry a baby.
7. Do you think the fathers enjoy fatherhood more today than in the past? Why or why not? Yes I think the fathers enjoy fatherhood more today than in the past because they’re more experienced than they were in the past.
8. What are some of the difficulties that new fathers (and mothers) face? Some difficulties of being a new father or mother is different sleep patterns and little or no support from family or friends.
9. What are some of the benefits of being “childish”?
10. Why does Svitak say that adults should listen and learn from kids and not just have kids learning from kids? Do you agree? Why or why not?
11. Why is trust important in the relationship between kids and adults for learning to take place?
12. Do you agree with Svitak that parents and adults should have high expectations for kids? Why?