Assignment 03.03 Linear Functions
**This assignment has been modified.
A company produces accessories for smart phones and tablets. The profit on each smart phone case is $2, and the profit on each tablet case is $3. The company made a profit of $1,200 on the cases last month. The equation 2x + 3y = 1,200 represents the company's profit from cases last month, where x is the number of smart phone cases sold and y is the number of tablet cases sold.
1. Describe what the graph of this function would look like. What would the intercepts be? Would it have a positive or negative slope?
2. Change the equation into slope-intercept form. Identify the slope and y-intercept of the equation.
3. Describe how you would graph this line using the slope-intercept method.
4. What does the slope of the graph mean?
5. Suppose in the next month, the total profit on smart phone cases and tablet cases is $1,500. The profit amounts are the same, $2 for smart phone case and $3 for the tablet case. Compare and contrast the graphs. Explain how the graphs of the functions for the two months are the same and how they are different.
6. Below is a graph that represents the total profits for a third month. Write the equation of the line that represents this graph.
**Just give your best effort!