Pre-lab Quiz Results
You scored 100% by answering 5 out of 5 questions correctly.
1. Blood flow is measured in
You correctly answered: b. ml/min.
2. Which of the following has the greatest effect on blood flow?
You correctly answered: a. blood vessel radius
3. Which of the following would not result in a decrease in the blood vessel radius?
You correctly answered: c. vasodilation
4. The diameter of the blood vessel is the same as
You correctly answered: b. two times the radius of the blood vessel.
5. The opening of the blood vessel where the blood flows is called theYou correctly answered: b. lumen.
Experiment Results Predict Question:
Predict Question 1: What do you think will happen to the flow rate if the radius is increased by 0.5 mm?
Your answer : b. The flow rate will increase.
Predict Question 2: Do you think a graph plotted with radius on the X-axis and flow rate on the Y-axis will be linear (a straight line)?
Your answer : a. yes
Stop & Think Questions:
What is the driving force for blood flow?
Your answer : a. viscosity
Correct answer: b. pressure gradient
How does the body increase the blood vessel radius?
Your answer : a. smooth muscle contraction Correct answer: c. smooth muscle relaxation
Flow (ml/min) Radius (mm) Viscosity Length (mm) Pressure (mm Hg)
4.0 1.5 1.0 50 100
12.6 2.0 1.0 50 100
30.7 2.5 1.0 50 100
63.6 3.0 1.0 50 100
117.8 3.5 1.0 50 100
201.0 4.0 1.0 50 100
321.9 4.5 1.0 50 100
490.6 5.0 1.0 50 100
Post-lab Quiz Results
You scored 100% by answering 4 out of 4 questions correctly.
1. The variable that you altered in this activity wasYou correctly answered: c. vessel radius.
2. Vessel radius and fluid flow
You correctly answered: b. are directly proportional.
3. After a heavy meal, when we are relatively inactive, we might expect blood vessels in the