Environmental Effects of Global Warming and the Consequences That Harm Humans, Animals and Plants.

Topics: Earth, Greenhouse gas, Global warming Pages: 4 (1279 words) Published: August 28, 2013
Taryn Jones
Environmental Science
Instructor: Mark Kehoe
Environmental Effects of Global Warming and the Consequences that Harm Humans, Animals and Plants. Global Warming has many consequences that harm humans, animals and plants. Global Warming is the constant conversation by scientist and geologist all over the world. The active catastrophes caused by climate, volcanoes, and solar variation are proving Global warming is here and has been for some time. Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of the earth’s surface. Research has proven that the increase in temperature has been since the middle 20th century. The increase in greenhouse gas concentrations are the result for most of the observed temperature increase. The Greenhouse effect is a natural process that keeps the earth at temperatures that are livable for humans, plants and animals. The energy from the sun warms the earth and the heat rays are absorbed by greenhouse gases that are then trapped in the atmosphere. The most common greenhouse gases are Carbon Dioxide, and Methane which absorb radiation. If it weren’t for the fact that these chemicals absorb the rays the earth would be extremely cold, and when too many rays are absorbed the atmosphere starts to warm which leads to Global Warming. This is what starts the effects or problems of global warming to humans, plants and animals. Let’s talk about the process of the greenhouse effect to better understand the consequences. A lot of the sun’s rays are absorbed by water vapor that is naturally in our atmosphere. Water vapor accounts for approximately 80 percent of natural greenhouse warming. The remaining 20 percent are there from other gases in very small amounts. Carbon dioxide is the largest absorber of the suns heat rays. Humans cause large amounts of carbon dioxide to be released in the atmosphere, because of the burning of fossil fuels. Humans release emissions from cars, planes, trains and industrial factories. The more carbon...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Global Warming and the Effect on Plant Diversity Essay
  • Effects of Global Warming Essay
  • envirmental effects of global warming Essay
  • Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming Essay
  • Global Warming and the Effect on the Environment Essay
  • Humans Are to Blame for Global Warming Essay
  • Cause and Effect of Global Warming Research Paper
  • Essay about Global Warming, Not Caused by Humans

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free