Bible 11 Name: Lauren Barber Mrs. Deckert
Acts 1 Review
1) What are the main points of this chapter?
To show what Jesus said before he left and how Jesus ascended into heaven and how Matthias replaced Judas.
2) What is the "former account" Luke has reference to? (1)
The gospel of Luke
3) What three things does Luke mention Jesus did before He ascended? (2-3) a. He gave many convincing proofs that he was alive
b. Spoke about the kingdom of God
c. He gave them this command, “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, 4) How long a period was it between the resurrection and ascension of Christ? (3) 40 days
5) What command did Jesus leave with His apostles? (4)
To not leave Jerusalem and wait for the Promise.
6) What did this "promise" pertain to? (5)
Being Baptized by the holy spirit
7) What question did the apostles ask Jesus? How did he respond? (6-7) They asked, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” He replied, “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
8) What was promised when the Spirit came upon them? What would they then be? (8) They will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on them, and will be Jesus’ witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
9) What happened as Jesus ascended to heaven? (9)
A cloud hid him.
10) As Jesus ascended to heaven, who stood nearby? (10)
Two men dressed in white appeared
11) What did they promise? (11)
They said that Jesus would appear again the same way he came. 12) From where did Jesus ascend to heaven? How far was this from Jerusalem? (12) Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day’s walk away
13) Where did the apostles stay...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document