1. The marketing manager leaves all the work to me, the research engineer, while she plays golf with senior managers. Although she make look good in front of the senior managers, she is being unprofessional about her job.
2. Some of the most significant changes are increased globalization, chaotic environments, and growing workforce diversity. Managers will have to be both a leader and a follower, help all employees accept responsibility and at the same time continue to learn and grow. Managers will need the skills to lead and motivate people from different cultures.
3. Planning defines where the organization wants to be in the future and discuss how to get there. Organizing follows planning and reflects how the organization tries to accomplish the plan. Leading is the use of influence to motivate employees to achieve the organization’s goals. Controlling means monitoring employees’ activities, keeping the organization on target toward its goals, and making corrections as needed.
4. Efficiency refers to the amount of resources such as raw materials,used to produce an output or a product or service, based on the how much raw materials, money, and people are needed for output. On the other hand, Effectiveness is the degree to which the organization achieves a desired.
Managers have a responsibility to achieve high performance for the organization’s goal.Both efficiency and effectiveness are both important for performance, but in my opinion Effectiveness is more important. An organization efficiently produces a product that is not desired by the environment or the users will not achieve its goals and will not do well.
5. A manager’s skill is multidimensional and requires necessary skills for handling and managing an organization. A person who is promoted from a non-management to a management position, has change in Human skills which includes the motivating, facilitating, coordinating,