When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam. Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Which of the following is spelled correctly?
A. Noticeable B. Noticible C. Noticeble D. Noticable
2. A good feeling, a sense of mental buoyancy, is called
A. eulogy. B. euthanasia. C. euphoria. D. euphony.
3. Which word is spelled correctly?
A. superceed B. supersead C. supersede D. superseed
4. Which of the following is spelled correctly?
A. Embarassment B. Embarrasment C. Emmbarassment D. Embarrassment
5. Reincarnation means
A. a collection of all things. B. slaughter. C. a meat eater. D. return to life in a new body.
6. The correctly spelled word is
B. drunkeness. C. ukulele. D. analize.
7. Which of the following is spelled correctly?
A. Receeve B. Recieve C. Receive D. Resieve
8. An acute feeling of homesickness is
A. euphemism. B. badinage. C. nostalgia. D. cacophony.
9. Which word is spelled incorrectly?
A. Incidentally B. Pronunciation C. Separate D. Occurence
10. A procession of persons on horseback is a
A. cavalry. B. chivalry. C. cavalcade. D. cavalier.
11. Another word for a verbal bromide is a
A. conceit. B. cliché. C. euphemism. D. seltzer.
12. Which word is spelled correctly?
A. Privilege B. Supprise C. Judgemant D. Suddeness
13. To give a hint about something is the same as to
B. imitate. C. intimate. D. simulate.
14. If you keep changing your mind between two choices, you're
A. enervating. B. recapitulating. C. commiserating. D. vacillating.
15. Which of the following is