Subject and Verb
Kuala Lumpur /
Pages: 2 (276 words) /
Published: Feb 17th, 2014
1. A RM100mil sports complex in Setapak that was supposed to have been close to completion by now, is nowhere to be seen and residents are questioning the delay.
2. In 2011, then Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Seri Ahmad Fuad Ismail had reportedly said the sports complex would be constructed in Jalan Ayer Jerneh in Setapak and would be ready in about three years.
3. The complex was to be named Kompleks Sukan 1Malaysia and would include a multi-purpose hall,a dormitory, swimming pool, boxing arena, shooting range, a futsal centre as well as netball, basketball and sepak takraw courts, to cater to about 15,000 people.
4. However, until now there has been no sign of construction of the sports complex and a check by StarMetro at the site found that the land was still occupied by the Setapak dog pound managed by City Hall (DBKL), which is operating as usual.
5. Setapak residents are anxious to see the sports complex materialise because currently they have to make do with a public field and a futsal court in Jalan Ayer Jernih.
6. The public field is inadequate as it only has a small football field and jogging path.
7. For other activities, the residents have to go to the Bukit Jalil National Sports Complex, which is inconvenient because of the distance.
8. Some of the school even have to share a field when organising activities.
9. I was told that as finalisation of design plans is pending, construction would only start in 2014 and that the developers would be given 36 months to complete the project.
10. The contractors are in the midst of applying for a development order.