study guide for exam 1 and 2
• Marie recently became a managing partner at her law firm. Though her job has changed, she still needs to have the necessary ______ skills to advise and review the contracts of the real estate attorneys that she manages. technical.
• By mid-century, the percentage of Hispanics (of any race) in the U.S. population is expected to ______, and the percentage of non-Hispanic whites is expected to ______. double; decrease
• Human skills are important for ________ managers. all levels of
• When Barrett, a college administrator, is determining which of several degree programs his campus will offer, he is involved in the management function of controlling.
• When a college of medicine discovers that nursing student enrollments are down from the previous years, and decides to update the courses offered, it is performing which of the functions of management? False
• Derrick is a clinic director running a downtown Chicago facility for a large nonprofit health organization. He receives most of his strategic direction from the organization and supervises several department managers in his workplace. Derrick is a middle manager
• The primary measure of success of a nonprofit organization is typically the effectiveness of the services delievered
• True is better than new" is one of the truths of evidence-based management
• A good reason for studying theoretical perspectives of management is that it provides clues to the meaning of your managers' decisions
• The practice of management is both an art and a science. True
• Frank and Lillian Gilbreth identified 17 basic units of ______, each of which they called a "therblig."