*Simvastatin is used to help lower "bad" cholesterol and fats (such as LDL, triglycerides) and raise "good" cholesterol (HDL) in the blood.
* It works by reducing the amount of cholesterol made by the liver. Lowering "bad" cholesterol and triglycerides and raising "good" cholesterol decreases the risk of heart disease and helps prevent strokes and heart attacks.
How to use simvastatin oral
* Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once daily in the evening.
* Dosage is based on your medical condition, response to treatment, age, and other medications you may be taking.
* The usual maximum dose for this medication is 40 milligrams a day. If you have been instructed by your doctor to take more than 40 milligrams, continue on that same dose. simvastatin oral Side Effects
* A very small number of people taking simvastatin may have mild memory problems or confusion.
* This drug may infrequently cause muscle problems rarely cause liver problems.
* following rare but serious side effects, tell your doctor immediately: yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine, severe stomach/abdominal pain, persistent nausea/vomiting.
* A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing simvastatin oral Precautions
* Before using this medication, tell your doctor your medical history, especially of: liver disease, kidney disease, alcohol use.
Limit alcoholic beverages. Daily use of alcohol may increase your risk for liver problems, especially when combined with simvastatin. * This medication must not be used during pregnancy. Simvastatin may harm an unborn baby. Therefore, it is important to prevent pregnancy while taking this medication. If you become pregnant or