Student instructions: Follow the step-by-step instructions for this exercise found on the worksheet below and in the virtual lab and record your answers in the spaces below. Submit this completed document by the assignment due date found in the Syllabus.
Please make sure that your answers are typed in RED.
Please type your Name and Student ID Number here:
1. Open the Virtual Lab titled “Plant Transpiration.”
2. Read the background information found under the “Question” area first, and then read the procedure information posted there as well.
3. Click on the “Information” button in the laboratory area and read through the information presented.
4. If you come upon terms that are unfamiliar to you, please refer to your textbook for further explanation or search the word here: http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/dictionaryhome.aspx
5. At this point, you are ready to begin the lab exercise. Click on one of the plant specimens and drag it to the potometer as directed in order to begin the activity.
6. Complete the exercise as directed, recording any data or information collected in Table I below. Record all data in Table 1 to the 1st (tenths) decimal place.
7. When you are finished, please answer all of the Lab Questions below.
1. Again, please make sure you have read through all of the information in the “Question” and “Information” areas.
2. In this exercise, you will test the effects of various environmental conditions on the rate of plant transpiration. To begin, click on one of the plant specimens and drag it to the potometer; the name of the plant will then appear.
3. Click on the clock icon to begin the experiment.
4. After the simulated hour has passed, you will be shown the temperature at which the experiment took place and the volume of fluid transpired by the plant (in mL). Place all of this information in Table