GATTACA movie questions
1. First I think they are both determined, ambitious, but they both failed on something. Vincent has a lifelong dream of going into the space, and he will do anything to make it happen. Jerome has always been a good swimmer and he's always winning. But once he got a third place instead of a first, he melted down and walked in front of a car then sits in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
2. I don’t think he was mentally ill, instead I think he was depressed. Because he was disabled could no longer do thing he loves the most in his life --- swim.
3. Because each time Anton swum with Vincent, he saved his energy to swim back. But for Vincent, like I said, he is determined, he wants to beat his brother so bad. He gave out all his strength to achieve his goal.
4. Because the society is running in the way they (the people with genetically disable) can't win on, they don't get to have a chance on something they might good at, just because of the gene in their body. They begin to lose the faith in this society, thus, the resistance comes up.
5. There's no more trust between people, the only thing that people trust is genes. People don’t get to treated equally, children get abandoned or neglected. The society judge and determine people's jobs based on their genetic background.
6. Yes, parents want that for their children. But sometimes having the perfect genes is not everything that the child wants, it’s sort of extra pressure for them. But once anyone who doesn't fit into those 'perfect' features is thrown away and disregarded like garbage even though they're people. It’s devoid of fun and vitality and everything like that because everything is controlled and restricted for them, and the people are all obey to the rules and laws.
7. Because he's using Jerome's identity, cause Jerome's genes were enhanced, also his hard working and his determined mind.